Skip to content
Blood Sugar high in Morning
frostman33 posted:
I struggled with and my Family Doctor screamed at me for being too high in A.M. Then I went to an Endocrinologist who said my Genetics caused me to start spiking at around 5 to 6 AM. The only way control it was to take an Insulin shot at bedtime to counter the spike. It works well and I do very well the rest of the day.

I do count carbs and take my diet very seriously. I love Pasta and found Dreamfields Pasta that does not cause spikes like other pastas do. It is made with whole wheat and is formulated to keep your blood sugar on an even keel. With a little attention to diet you can eat very normally. I also take Glipicide XL at breakfast and dinner to help keep my blood sugar in a normal good range, and that also cuts down on the units of Insulin needed.
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

glucerna responded:
It's wonderful to hear how you're managing diabetes and improving your health. You sound really positive about everything you've put in place. ~Lynn @Glucerna

nutrijoy responded:
Frostman, if Dreamfields pasta doesn't raise your blood sugar levels like other pastas, you're in the minority. Even when cooked al dente, Dreamfields drove my BG levels up but it just took 15 minutes or so longer. All of their claims turned out to be grossly exaggerated when put to the test and Dreamfields recently settled a class action lawsuit when they were challenged on their claims. You can read about it or file a claim at one of many ambulance-chasing websites such as this one .

flutetooter replied to nutrijoy's response:
My "pasta" of choice is with bean sprouts, zucchini straw cuts, or shredded cabbage.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

nutrijoy replied to flutetooter's response:
Zucchini makes an excellent faux-pasta. I also use spaghetti squash. Bed Bath & Beyond sells a clever little gadget named Veggetti that greatly simplifies the task of converting zucchini into spaghetti-like pasta (saves lots of work and is more uniform). WebMD's server seems to have a glitch in its software (for the past couple of days) and the link I posted may not display properly. If that's the case, here's the link again as a free-standing URL:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/veggetti-trade-spiral-vegetable-cutter/1042545910?Keyword=veggetti

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
74 of 145 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.