Skip to content

DoloresTeresa responded:
Great article. Very interesting. However, I notice that the experiment was three weeks in duration--actually two weeks with a week in between each type of diet. I surely would like to know what they fed the subjects. I know there was a powder involved. At one point, the article said that you should eat whole grain bread not white bread, So this makes me think that the powder contained carbohydrate in some form that was not like the carb in a potato--that is the whole natural food.

Did they draw a big conclusion from a little evidence, much the same way campbell rejects all animal protein on the bases of a lab experiment with casein?

One still has to explain the great success of Esselstyn with very very sick patients. ( I found an article by Campbell's nemesis Denise M which points out that in Forks Over Knives, the lady who was told there was nothing more that could be done for her was a junk food junkie. Her diet was less meat centered than junk food centered and when she cut out the junk she became well.) I am still waiting to see a very long term study in which groups of very sick patients eliminate or greatly reduce carbs and become healthy. We cannot say this about the Atkins diet but maybe Dr., Davis can show this.

Dolores

jc3737 replied to DoloresTeresa's response:
Heretic often recommended the book "Life Without Bread".

I can't say that my vegan diet has made me healthy because it has not.....I can only say it solved my blood pressure and blood sugar elevations.The jury is still out as far as I am concerned.Maybe in a few more years I will know much more about where this diet has taken me.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Let's see.... I'm the mom of six (three hers, three mine) who used to live in Florida but now lives in the Chicago area. (Don't ask.) I&#...More

Helpful Tips

Scientific Evidence for HCG Weight Loss
The words "scientific evidence" are being thrown around a lot recently in regard to "DIETS" and while those words appear to be "Medically ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.