Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Applied Kinesiology
beachwalkin posted:
Is this legit? My Dr. did an arm strength pull down and then put supplements in my hand, puported to show what my weakness was and what supplement to treat it with, the testing did make sense, although I filled out extensive paper work, can it hurt, can it help? The 21 Standard Process Body cleanse which my dr also promotes is on the LIVESTRONG website....I need some expert advice. If this can't hurt, I could use the structure and perhaps the supplements will help. I just want to know if it is all just quackery or there could be some benefit. thanks

DoloresTeresa responded:
Dear Beach, Does your doctor have an M.D., a D.O., a certificate from Harry's School of Curology? I never heard of a supplement that will treat an arm weakness. Most people would do strength training to build muscle. I went onto the Livestrong website but could not find the 21 Standard Process Body Cleanse but your liver is in charge of cleansing your body. Is your doctor charging you for these things? Is he getting a kickback from a supplement company or anyone else?

A prominent oncologist I know is fighting because some cancer doctors use certain cancer drugs because they ensure the doctor a bigger profit than other drugs. Not exactly the same thing but something sounds wrong about your "treatment". You can always seek a second opinion. If the second doctor (of your choosing) says the same thing then at least you have two opinions.

Dolores

Spotlight: Member Stories

Long-time fan of the Diet Debate-though infrequent contributor to the discussion.

Helpful Tips

Zeal for Life
I couldn't find my old post so I'm not sure what happened to it. I have back problems, panic issues and anxiety disorder since childhood. ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.