Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
how to live to be 101
DoloresTeresa posted:
Here is a link to the first of five videos on people who live to be 100 or more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl7Y2n0cmKo&feature=related

We were talking elsewhere about the diets of Okinawans.

On the side of the video you will find the other parts.

Dolores

Tomato05 responded:
Thanks for the link; it was good to watch.

No matter what their diet, it is good to see these old people so active and full of life despite their highly advanced age.

And they seem so much at ease (and at peace) with themselves and the world around them, no hang-ups, so quick to smile - what a contrast with highly-strung, self-absorbed younger people all around one.

We can learn a lot from them just watching them.

And what their diets probably have in common, is food that is simple and natural , while they don't eat like gluttons either.

DoloresTeresa replied to Tomato05's response:
Re: they don't eat like gluttons. I have to admit that if I am out at a restaurant and see a teeny tiny portion in front of me I feel as though I am not getting my money's worth. I might have it wrapped to go but I like to see the big portions. On the other hand the Japanese plate is admired if the chef is artistic and "paints" a pretty picture with the food usually in small portions. And here it seems the most expensive restaurants give the smallest prettiest portion. Presentation is admired. Gee. It all ends up in your digestive tract anyway. Just so it tastes good going down. (Why I will never weigh 98 pounds).

Dolores

Spotlight: Member Stories

Let's see.... I'm the mom of six (three hers, three mine) who used to live in Florida but now lives in the Chicago area. (Don't ask.) I&#...More

Helpful Tips

Scientific Evidence for HCG Weight Loss
The words "scientific evidence" are being thrown around a lot recently in regard to "DIETS" and while those words appear to be "Medically ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.