Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
comments?
jc3737 posted:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27320&sid=95f75489df6472aae62b99a75c57b6d1

heretk responded:
Re: floaters.

I have those too. The high fat low carb diet did not eliminate them, they are still there. In my case, they showed up in the mid 1990-ties when I was 40-ty. They seem to coincide with the episodes of tachycardia (rapid heart beat) I used to experience every couple of month or so, until shortly after going on a high fat diet in 1999. That made me think that they may have been blood pressure (in the head) related.

Stan

DoloresTeresa replied to heretk's response:
I know they are related to myopia. The more nearsighted you are the greater your chance of getting floaters. I don't think it has anything to do with blood pressure but who knows? I used to get bouts of tachycardia before being really careful of my own low fat diet.

Dolores

Spotlight: Member Stories

Let's see.... I'm the mom of six (three hers, three mine) who used to live in Florida but now lives in the Chicago area. (Don't ask.) I&#...More

Helpful Tips

Old Discussions
You can find some of the old discussions from the original diet debate board by looking up keywords or member names using the search on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 45 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.