Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
EG, what do you think about this post on dr.F.?
heretk posted:
http://drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31586

dteresa responded:
If you are going to eat a mcdougall diet I see no reason why a Fuhrman diet would not be as healthful. All personalities aside, and eschewing the argument about the ethics involved, the question is--will eating plants and eschewing meat, fat, dairy etc bring about health or not? Fuhrman's diet is so similar to Pritikin, Esselstyn, McDougall etc. (McDougall even allows nuts on special occasions and Fuhrman says if you are not at your normal weight, limit nuts to no more than an ounce per day) ;that one can overlook the questionable reports of success and call your diet McDougall or Esselstyn. I personally think that people fail on the Fuhrman high vegetable, lower starch plan because it is expensive and requires a lot of chopping and blending and shopping and higher volume eating because of the absence of starches
and not because of the diet itself.

Dolores (And stop yawning H)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Ashley, I'm 20 years old. (5'6, 159 lbs). My interest in nutrition/living healthier started when at the age of 53 my father passed ...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.