Skip to content
"TColin" admits putting his name improperly as coauthor with Dr.Fuhrman!
heretk posted:
Which violates a generally accepted scientific conduct! One either is an author of the paper, or isn't! There is no such thing as "honorary" author! Science is not about titles and "honors"! It is about finding the truth and telling the truth!
See the post by TColin which is probably Dr. T.C.Campbell of the China Study "fame", judging by the contents.

http://drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31586&start=40

I accepted Dr. Fuhrman's request to help him publish a peer-reviewed paper by lending my name as a secondary author. I did so because I believed his claim that he had something important to say. In effect, he wanted to use my reputation because of my half-century of publishing about 350 papers, my serving on the editorial review boards of five journals and my serving on several grant review panels of NIH, the American Society and other organizations.

Stan (Heretic)

dteresa responded:
I never thought of that. Now that you mention it, it does sound unethical. And I guess Fuhrman was unethical to ask. Not quite the same thing as grad students slaving away in the lab and the professor getting his name as first author on the published paper. I guess.

Dolores

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Ashley, I'm 20 years old. (5'6, 159 lbs). My interest in nutrition/living healthier started when at the age of 53 my father passed ...More

Helpful Tips

Scientific Evidence for HCG Weight Loss
The words "scientific evidence" are being thrown around a lot recently in regard to "DIETS" and while those words appear to be "Medically ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.