Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pomagranates are in peak season NOW !
engineerguy posted:
Hi folks,

Pomagranates are in peak season now. Prices are at their lowest. I boutght about 12 large pomagranates and am saving the arils (seeds) in freezer bags. I take a skinny tablespoon a day, and it lasts many months.

Wash the skin with soap & water. It's easiest to cut off the top and bottom, score the skin into 8ths. Under water in a large bowl, pry the 8ths apart, and then bend the sections and remove the arils. Surprisingly, very little juice is lost, and you don't have the kitchen sprayed with pomagranate juice.

Hi jc,

Your post about GREENS and detoxification - you are singing my tune!! I recently learned about epigenetics, and the beneficial role vegetables play, especially cruciferous veggies.

Another line of benefit: Intraepithelial lymphocytes are the first line of defense for the body. Research shows that cruciferous veggies strengthen these.

Veggies strengthen the body's defenses against viral and bacterial attack. They also strengthen the body's defence against cancer. A lower calorie diet, higher in nutrients (read lots of veggies and fruit, beans, nuts and seeds) strenghens the immune system, calms inflammation, while quieting the body's mistaken attack against itself (autoimmune disease) and calms allergies.

The largest single cause of hypothyroidism is Hashimoto's disease, which is the body's attack on the thyroid gland, which affects 15 to 20% of elderly women. Cruciferous veggies help prevent Hashimoto's, at least as suggested by recent research.

A great deal of modern science is revealing the benefits of veggies and fruit, antioxidants and phytochemicals, today.

I am wishing you the best of health, EngineerGuy

Spotlight: Member Stories

Let's see.... I'm the mom of six (three hers, three mine) who used to live in Florida but now lives in the Chicago area. (Don't ask.) I&#...More

Helpful Tips

Old Discussions
You can find some of the old discussions from the original diet debate board by looking up keywords or member names using the search on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.