Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Angiographs of Esselstyn's subjects
dteresa posted:
http://www.heartattackproof.com/study03_results.htm

If you scroll down to the information on angiographies of the patients it looks to me like seven were excluded and in some of these, heart disease progressed. Was this kosher to exclude these? While Esselstyn reports no cardiac events over 12 years or more, it looks like artery disease is progressing. Why no cardiac events? I think the diet is a good one but maybe not all that good. His patients also were taking cholesterol lowering meds.

Also, none of the patients was a smoker, diabetic or hypertensive. I did not think that you could escape hypertension if you had artery disease. I am very confused. I wrote to him once and asked if any of his patients were diabetic and didn't receive and answer, but found it in his discussion of the results. I cannot judge on my own MI because I was not following his diet 100%. However, would the results have been different if some of his patients were diabetic? Even if they were controlled as I was but nevertheless had an MI despite normal fasting and A1c levels.

Dolores

Spotlight: Member Stories

Let's see.... I'm the mom of six (three hers, three mine) who used to live in Florida but now lives in the Chicago area. (Don't ask.) I&#...More

Helpful Tips

Old Discussions
You can find some of the old discussions from the original diet debate board by looking up keywords or member names using the search on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 45 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.