Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Actor hospitalized after adopting fruitarian diet for Steve Jobs movie
heretk posted:

http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/ashton-kutcher-was-hospitalized-after-adopting-fruitarian-diet-for-steve-jobs-movie-1731797.story

Quotes:

Ashton Kutcher definitely suffered for his art. To realistically channel the late Apple Inc. founder Steve Jobs in biopic jOBS, the actor, 34, went to extreme lengths: Watching "hundreds of hours" of footage, scouring the visionary's speeches, interviewing Jobs' friends . . . and even copying his "fruitarian diet," Kutcher told the Associated Press at the Sundance Film Festival premiere of the film in Park City, Utah on Friday Jan. 25.

The choice to go "fruitarian" -- consuming only fruits, nuts and seeds and no animal products, vegetables or grains -- "can lead to some serious problems," Kutcher revealed. Indeed, as a result, Kutcher "ended up in the hospital two days before we started shooting the movie," he said.

"I was like doubled over in pain, and my pancreas levels were completely out of whack, which was completely terrifying, considering everything," said the That 70s Show alum. (Jobs died in October 2011 at age 56 of pancreatic cancer.)

jc3737 responded:
Thats just too much sugar for any system to handle.But the Mc/F vegan diet is another thing.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Ashley, I'm 20 years old. (5'6, 159 lbs). My interest in nutrition/living healthier started when at the age of 53 my father passed ...More

Helpful Tips

Old Discussions
You can find some of the old discussions from the original diet debate board by looking up keywords or member names using the search on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.