Skip to content
Dolores
jc3737 posted:
Dolores,Check the web MD diabetes message board and respond to my message.

anon615 responded:
jc, did you mean webmd diabetes support community? I checked but couldn't find anything from jc3737. What is the title?

Dolores

jc3737 replied to anon615's response:
here it is ...web MD diabetes support community

http://forums.webmd.com/3/diabetes-exchange/forum/9155

anon615 replied to jc3737's response:
Found it and answered it. I was really stunned by the assertion that you need fat in your diet or you will be constipated! Never heard that before.

Dolores

jc3737 replied to anon615's response:
I think the best advice we can give anyone is to give it a 2 week trial and let them see what happens to their blood sugar and blood pressure.Perhaps the diet will not work for everyone but its worth a try to see if it will work.

Several monts ago I told a friend of mine to give the diet a 2 week trial and he did....he is diabetic and his FBG went from 170 to 100 in two weeks but he still on meds until he gets it down to the 80s.His main starch is potatoes and eats about 40 lbs a week.He is bit unhappy with all the weight loss because he was already fairly trim and very muscular...he claims he is losing size and muscle which is true but I reminded him its better to stay alive.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Long-time fan of the Diet Debate-though infrequent contributor to the discussion.

Helpful Tips

Zeal for Life
I couldn't find my old post so I'm not sure what happened to it. I have back problems, panic issues and anxiety disorder since childhood. ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.