Benefits of meat consumption - OK, maybe not
engineerguy posted:
Hi folks,

Here's a 4 min video.

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/protein-puberty-and-pollutants/

Best regards, EngineerGuy

heretk responded:
Yes of course, Dr. Greger's theories...

Hmm, let me think, we have 4 girls: they all reached puberty aged 13-14. Have you got children? What were their puberty age?

Best regards,
Heretic

engineerguy replied to heretk's response:
Hi Heretic,

Sugar is certainly part of the problem.

But to reduce it to "Carbohydrates, anyone?", to imply that complex carbs as in whole grains are part of the problem, or just carbs in any form, is not correct.

The Pritikin diet gets most of its calories from complex carbohydrates, yet cures all of the degenerative diseases that the SAD creates.

"The Problem" has more to do with excess calories from all sources (carbs, fat and protein), and inadequate nutrients (phytochemicals, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals), rather than a precise combination of carbs, fat and protein. That's what the science has been showing us, for the last 20 years.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

heretk replied to engineerguy's response:
At what age did your children reach puberty?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Long-time fan of the Diet Debate-though infrequent contributor to the discussion.

Helpful Tips

Zeal for Life
I couldn't find my old post so I'm not sure what happened to it. I have back problems, panic issues and anxiety disorder since childhood. ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.