Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Either 100% compliant or don't bother?
heretk posted:
From Jeff N. message in that other forum, quote:

"... When people come to see me, either in private or at a program, they come to see me as a health professional because they are not well. Usually they have advanced heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, cancer, auto-immune disease, etc etc and often they may have already had several by-passes, stents and/or even a stroke or two and are on multiple medications. In addition, these days, most are overweight and many are obese.

Many of them, as stated above, have already been following a plant-based/strong/perfect diet and/or vegan diet (some for years) and are coming to me because in spite of this, they are still not well. ..."

My comment: - I don't buy that argument! Why they don't just make a study to qualify what does constitute a 100% compliance to their low fat vegan diet of choice, in their mind? Is one cookie a week (99.9% compliance) a significant or an insignificant non-compliance? Is one portion of fish a week (98% compliance) significant? The onus of the proof lies on their territory, otherwise you wouldn't never know!

Why would they not carry out a comparative study with 90%,95% and 100% compliance? Would there be any difference?

Heretic

jc3737 responded:
I agree with you on this.

Have you noticed how much like alike diet and politics are?

heretk replied to jc3737's response:
and religion!

jc3737 replied to heretk's response:
Definitely religion.

anon615 responded:
No matter what the diet, the optimal, primal or vegan, one would suspect something is not quite right because all of these diets should produce weight loss. If these people are coming to Jeff saying they are compliant with a healthful diet and are obese I would question their statements.

There are a group of interesting BBC you tube videos called, "Secret Eaters". All the subjects cannot understand why they are overweight or obese because they are not eating enough to have gained so much weight. Cameras are placed in their homes to record what they are eating and a couple of detectives, supposedly unknown to the subjects, are following them when they go out and film what they are eating out of the home and if they order food, the detectives order the same thing to keep track. They also get family and coworkers to take note of what the subjects are eating.

Although the people keep a diary of their eating for the 5 days of the experiment they either underestimate their food or neglect to write down the mouths full of food they snack on. So I question what obese vegans (or anyone else on any other diet) say they are eating.

dolores

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Ashley, I'm 20 years old. (5'6, 159 lbs). My interest in nutrition/living healthier started when at the age of 53 my father passed ...More

Helpful Tips

Scientific Evidence for HCG Weight Loss
The words "scientific evidence" are being thrown around a lot recently in regard to "DIETS" and while those words appear to be "Medically ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.