Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

anon615 responded:
Maybe you have resources to find out why Jimmy Moore takes something called glycosolve to keep his blood sugars very low. I believe his HbA1c is 4.3. He got these numbers in just a few months. I wonder why he needs glycosolve if his high fat diet is reducing blood sugars.

Perhaps Atkins' diet contained too much protein because some (he gives no numbers) of his patients "adjust" as he puts it and their blood sugars rise. He did not eliminate protein from their diets but added carbs.

Jimmy Moore gives lots of numbers to show how healthy he is (and ignores his very high cholesterols) but I do not believe he says he ever took a glucose tolerance test. Atkins says to go off his diet before a gtt or else you will test diabetic. In would love to have Jimmy do this for his followers (without going off his diet.)

Mr. Moore has his own HbA1c meter which I would love to have but they are very expensive. And do they work well?

He says that about a year and a half after starting the Atkins diet he started to gain weight. About nine years later he went on the "nutritional ketosis" diet. And lost 78 pounds. So he has been on his diet for a few months. Let's keep an eye on him. I really think it is too soon to award him the health prize yet.

Do you know how long the subjects in the article you sent were on this diet? Or are we just talking about mice here?

dolores

Spotlight: Member Stories

Let's see.... I'm the mom of six (three hers, three mine) who used to live in Florida but now lives in the Chicago area. (Don't ask.) I&#...More

Helpful Tips

Scientific Evidence for HCG Weight Loss
The words "scientific evidence" are being thrown around a lot recently in regard to "DIETS" and while those words appear to be "Medically ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.