Skip to content
salt
jc3737 posted:
Some of the science seems to suggest that salt is really not that harmful and even Dr McDougall agrees to a point.

I disagreee with this science and Dr McDougall.First the science is mixed and with some people salt raises blood pressure a great deal.That can't be good so I don't know how low salt could negatively affect total mortality if blood pressure is such an important factor.

Something smells fishy about this so called science but I don't know what it is.

http://eathropology.com/2013/05/21/the-nacl-debacle-part-2-we-dont-need-no-stinkin-science-2/

anon615 responded:
Jeff Novick has a thread or two which discusses this in great detail using references. He also happens to disagree with the cochrane report on salt and gives his reasons.

dolores

jc3737 replied to anon615's response:
Thanks,I'll check it out.

heretk responded:
I love the style! "Larry and Linda The Superheroes" - they are indeed among the authors of that "guideline"

With such able "advisors" AHA will be lucky if they survive the next decade without being sued by dead's people families or renamed and dismantled quietly by some embarrased polititian.

Yes it is fishy and science is indeed mixed. It means as you correctly guessed, that most likely salt is problematic only for some but not all.

Regards,
H.

jc3737 replied to heretk's response:
I agree it may not be a problem for some but it is for a great many.It causes retention of water which raises blood pressure and can damage kidneys.But for those with healthy kidneys and low blood pressure it may be harmless.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Ashley, I'm 20 years old. (5'6, 159 lbs). My interest in nutrition/living healthier started when at the age of 53 my father passed ...More

Helpful Tips

Zeal for Life
I couldn't find my old post so I'm not sure what happened to it. I have back problems, panic issues and anxiety disorder since childhood. ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.