Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
good book
crow89 posted:
Has anyone read this book?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1453759409/ref=pe_259560_32479610_pd_re_dt_dt1

jc3737 responded:
I have not....but I have the original book.I read it about 6 yrs ago.

anon43 responded:
Did the author mention the Framingham study? Dr. Castelli says those with cholesterol numbers under 150 do not get heart attacks. (Actually there were about half a dozen with cholesterol under 150 who died from a heart problem but I do not think all of them had the problem of clogged arteries). About 35% of heart attacks are in those with cholesterol between 150 and 200. Withn the recommended level according to the Heart Association whose own diet does nothing but make someone feel he is following doctor's orders and taking care of himself. In my cardiac rehab class was a woman who started herself and her husband on the skim milk and skin off the chicken route after he had by pass surgery. He went on to have a second by pass and she was in rehab after her first bypass. Still skinning the chicken and drinking skim milk. Her comment? What? Give up meat??

Did the guy who wrote the book do his own study which showed that stuffing someone full of sat fat and cholesterol is beneficial and will not clog arteries.?

Dolores

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Ashley, I'm 20 years old. (5'6, 159 lbs). My interest in nutrition/living healthier started when at the age of 53 my father passed ...More

Helpful Tips

Old Discussions
You can find some of the old discussions from the original diet debate board by looking up keywords or member names using the search on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 45 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.