Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
All's quiet on the front
engineerguy posted:
Hi folks,

Just wanted to be sure we haven't all succumbed to bubonic plague, or something. Hopefully no infestation of fleas creeping up through our computer keyboards from WebMD websites. It's so quiet here. I know jc and Dolores are fine. You folks were talking about taking a rest. Well, we enjoy chatting. I only get a chance to once a week.

Hey, I got a couple of interesting posts on the Fuhrman board. One about hypertensive medications, and another about health issues with salt. Something new about salt, is the link to autoimmune disease, which I had not heard earlier. Come to think about it, Dr. Rex Hawkins, author of Eat Right Electrolyte, was convinced that a very low salt diet was essential to his victory over his own Crohn's disease. He had previously eaten a Pritikin-like diet, without the low salt aspect, without success. After removing salt, he was successful.

Best regards, EngineerGuy (Stacy)

heretk responded:
Hi Stacy, Hi JC, Hi Dolores,

No bubonic plague, I am just not that interested debating dieters and diet promoters any more. I did some service a few years ago by informing people who didn't mind talking to me, that there are alternatives to what they hear in the media. Including an alternative to what you EG were trying to advocate. 8-

Now it is basically all widely widely know, and my job here is basically done as far as trashing nutritional beliefs is concerned (but perhaps not yet finished about some other beliefs... )

Best regards,
Stan (Heretic)

P.S.

There is a new revolution going on in physics, see some recent posts on my stan-heretic blog.

engineerguy replied to heretk's response:
Hi Heretic,

Glad to see you runn'n & kick'n.

Best regards, EngineerGuy (Stacy)

max9821 replied to heretk's response:
H, I am always interested in what you have to say and in the links to articles you post.

dolores

Spotlight: Member Stories

Long-time fan of the Diet Debate-though infrequent contributor to the discussion.

Helpful Tips

Scientific Evidence for HCG Weight Loss
The words "scientific evidence" are being thrown around a lot recently in regard to "DIETS" and while those words appear to be "Medically ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 29 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.