Skip to content

max9821 responded:
Can't verify what she says but did notice she said eat whole foods including meat, dairy and eggs and to eliminate the grains and starchy vegetables if you want to lose weight. So I guess food that has a calorie density of 400 to 500 or 600 calories per pound like the grains and starches will make you fat but food that is 1200 to 1800 calories per pound or more will not. I will have to dust off my slide rule to figure that one out.

dolores

jc3737 replied to max9821's response:
Bottom line is that the study showed Dr Campbells data on protein and cancer to be questionable or not relevent to ones overall health.

max9821 replied to jc3737's response:
Well, ok. If Zoe says so. Go ahead and eat meat and milk.

dolores

jc3737 replied to max9821's response:
Who is Zoe?

max9821 replied to jc3737's response:
http://carbsanity.blogspot.com/2011/08/zoe-harcombe-credentials.html

You can follow the links here. Apparently she is just another writer. I was sure either plantpositive or healthylongevity spoke of Harcombe but I cannot find anything by googling.

dolores

max9821 replied to max9821's response:
she claims to be a researcher but I could only find one article with her name on pub med on exchanging sat fats with polys and Ravnskov was the first author, Harcombe third and there were a few others. Neither the article nor the abstract was available.

dolores

Spotlight: Member Stories

Long-time fan of the Diet Debate-though infrequent contributor to the discussion.

Helpful Tips

Old Discussions
You can find some of the old discussions from the original diet debate board by looking up keywords or member names using the search on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.