Skip to content
Anti-Inflammatory Diet?
marybethg posted:
Is anyone familiar with the Anti-Inflammatory Diet and if so did it help. Am just curious as I have some arthritis. I am a senior and thought perhaps I might give it a try and see if it helps with some of my ailments.

Any feedback would be appreicated.

Thanks.

jc3737 responded:
Hi Marybeth,Most of us are of the opinion that oil, sugar,meat,dairy,eggs and animal products are inflammatory.So we eat a low fat whole foods plant based diet that features potatoes, greens,beans,fresh vegetables,fruit,brown rice,oatmeal,100% whole grains.I recommend following a combination of the John McDougall/Joel Fuhrman diet.

The diet toned down my inflammation a good bit.My HsCRP(a measure of inflammation) went from over 2 to less than 1/10 when I changed to potatoes as my main starch and adopted a plant based deit."The Starch Solurion" by John McDougall is a good book to read first.

You will also need to supplement with B-12.

Good luck.

max9821 replied to jc3737's response:
jc, was there another starch that caused inflammation?

dolores

jc3737 replied to max9821's response:
Other than sugar and processed starches I can't think of any whole food starches that are inflammatory.

Potatoes are the one starch I have found to be the most anti-inflammatory.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Let's see.... I'm the mom of six (three hers, three mine) who used to live in Florida but now lives in the Chicago area. (Don't ask.) I&#...More

Helpful Tips

Zeal for Life
I couldn't find my old post so I'm not sure what happened to it. I have back problems, panic issues and anxiety disorder since childhood. ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.