Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
McDougall board
jc3737 posted:
Dolores,You are one of the few on this board that has any understanding of what science really is.You question the great and powerful Oz only to be called "negative".

Science demands this questioning...its the Popper method....challenging one own position to get to the truth.

Dr TC Campbell posted last year(on the McDougall board) about the importance of the Popper method and the need to try to upset our most cherished beliefs.

This has nothing to do with the fact that we continue to follow the McDougall diet or that we recomend it to others...its just that we want to keep and open mind and question even if others believe this questioning reflects negativity.

http://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42646

jc3737 responded:
From Dr TC Campbell on the McDougall board last year.

"My first thought was that perhaps our cholesterol assay method (how we collected and analyzed the blood samples) might be faulty. Following Popper's principle of trying to disprove my own hypothesis, I tried to discredit my own finding by using another assay method and repeating these analyses at laboratories in three different locations (Cornell, Beijing, and London). All the analyses showed the same low cholesterol levels. Now we had to make sense of the apparent paradox that the healthiest Chinese people had cholesterol levels that would have been considered dangerously low in the United States. "

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Ashley, I'm 20 years old. (5'6, 159 lbs). My interest in nutrition/living healthier started when at the age of 53 my father passed ...More

Helpful Tips

Scientific Evidence for HCG Weight Loss
The words "scientific evidence" are being thrown around a lot recently in regard to "DIETS" and while those words appear to be "Medically ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.