Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
walnut oil
jc3737 posted:
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/260288.php

jc3737 responded:
This is to abort any idea that the benefits of nuts or nut oils has anything to do with them taking the place of other "more harmful" foods.Its about the mechanical effects of the nuts or oils.

"They underwent a number of biochemical and physiological tests, both before ingestion and at various times after (30 minutes, one hour, two hours, four hours and six hours after).

The study was a cross-over study, so each volunteer eventually underwent all four treatments, and the associated tests.

The test results showed that a one-time consumption of walnut oil boosted blood vessel functioning"

max9821 replied to jc3737's response:
But so does swiss chard, spinach, kale, beets, beet greens and arugula. And without so many calories. And without potentially raising cholesterol or causing insulin resistance.

dolores

jc3737 replied to max9821's response:
I go along with the calories but there is no evidence it raises cholesterol and since it improves endothelial function it would be a treatment for insulin resistance not a cause.

One of dr. Esselstyn's patients could not get his cholesterol down until he stopped using olive oil. If walnut oil is different and would not raise cholesterol I would be interested in knowing. Furthermore, the poorly done Mediterranean diet study where they were not actually comparing the Med diet to a real low fat diet, has people happily pouring olive oil all over their food. I hope the walnut oil study is above board if people are going to take the report of this study as gospel.

dolores

I'm going to start using walnut oil today.I will let you know in early July...my next blood test.

how much will you use. were any numbers given?

dolores

I taking 3 tablespoons per day.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Long-time fan of the Diet Debate-though infrequent contributor to the discussion.

Helpful Tips

Zeal for Life
I couldn't find my old post so I'm not sure what happened to it. I have back problems, panic issues and anxiety disorder since childhood. ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.