Skip to content
omega 3s and PC
jc3737 posted:
higher levels of omega 3s linked to aggressive prostate cancer

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/223373.php

max9821 responded:
I am assuming that the risk is relative risk. What the actual risk is might be very small. Or it might not.

If the idea that eating fish prevents heart disease came from the esquimo diet and that has shown to be incorrect. The Inuit on traditional diets do get heart disease. Or maybe they die sooner from stroke.

Did anyone consider that the higher rate of prostate cancer from eating fish is do to the fish protein, the high fat content (omega threes aren't the only fat in fish) or contaminants?

I cannot explain what appears to be the beneficial effects of trans fats.

dolores

jc3737 replied to max9821's response:
Those with higher levels of omega 3 probably eat more fish.Fish is animal protein which Dr Campbell links to cancer.So,My best guess would be that its the fish that elevates cancer risk.But them I'm not sure.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Let's see.... I'm the mom of six (three hers, three mine) who used to live in Florida but now lives in the Chicago area. (Don't ask.) I&#...More

Helpful Tips

Zeal for Life
I couldn't find my old post so I'm not sure what happened to it. I have back problems, panic issues and anxiety disorder since childhood. ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.