Skip to content

Announcements

Includes Expert Content
What is the most effective over-the-counter weight loss pill?
An_201916 posted:
I know I need to exercise and gain a healthy lifestyle, but what are the best weight loss pills to help support my weight loss?
Or is there any vitamins/mineral that will support weight loss?

An_201920 replied to MonicaRae27's response:
stopped using it because I switched to a low fat lean protein diet so there wasn't much need for the Alli. I still finished my supply but towards the end I realized I was no longer excreting the fat because I wasn't taking in enough to really make a difference. I did lose a couple of pounds though and did not have any side effects.

simplywonderful18 replied to stacyloveslife's response:
Carbs are in everything, including vegetables and without getting any fat in your diet your body cannot metabolize the food that enters your body.

Geni75023 replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
What happened to that medicine they were testing first with smokers and then very over weight diabetics? I heard about the clinical trials and then nothing else. It was supposed to produce some hormone the body did not make enough of or a type of dopamine suppressor. I can't remember which

Hos98 responded:
I believe that any weight loss pills can cause more problems than benefits and so I'm against any non-natural means to lose weight. Some products have been proven to cause liver failure...Using pills is not a natural way to lose weight and you can gain that weight quickly once you stop using them.
The best way to lose weight is eating healthy and exercise...it takes time, but lasts longer with no side effects. There are many diets to consider, some of them work others don't, and what works for you may not work for others.
One of the diets being discussed is the medifast diet Read: Medifast Diet, Good or Bad? Diagnoses
I don't know if it works...Atkins diet is another, but I think it is unhealthy

hollertrippinhoney responded:
When you find it, let me know. There is indeed a "magic" miracle pill out there, available only by prescription. Phentermine. I asked my physician for help, and this is what she gave me, I took it for 3 months, loved the way I felt, loved the way I looked even better. I was off of it for 3 months and continued to lose, then had a surgery and gained half of the 31 lbs that I lost back. Now I'm biding with every frickin OTC weight loss pill that's out there looking for that "high" I want that boost in metabolism back. I can't believe she gave me that. I'm not the "druggy" type. Granted it helped me lose the weight, but now I'm fighting hard to keep a healthy lifestyle going, with that mindset, that I need something to help me.

rcoxpear replied to jmacl's response:
What is the 400 calorie Fix book?

cocaptain replied to An_201918's response:
Exactly, it takes a lot of hard work and perserverence to lose the weight and lots of self control as well. occasionally we all fail now and then but the thing to do is move on and start over again.

cocaptain replied to jmacl's response:
variety is the key to lose weight. a little of everything is okay. just don't go over the calories that you burn. and definitely add weight resistance to your exercise routine , muscle will help you burn more fat faster.

An_201921 responded:
I had surgery a few months ago for a clogged artery requiring a stint being put in. I had to change my life style. I eat cereal or oatmeal for breakfast. I started eating lots of steamed vegetables, beans,etc. along with some turkey and grilled chicken. I exercise 3 or 4 time a week at Curves and walk a few days a week. I went from a size 16 to a size 8-10 in a few months. I take calcium and Centrum Silver recommended by my doctor. I feel the best I have in a long time and I can still have a piece of dark chocolate now and then. I drink lots of hot tea. Green, black, and white along with lots of water. I also drink several cups of black coffee every day. This is the best lifestyle change I have ever made and it will work forever..

Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP responded:
Hi Anon and thanks for your posting. I get this question frequently. I've read the replies to your questions and at the end of the day, the only medication out there is Alli and that has minimal long standing results. Vitamins and minerals support healthy biochemical reactions in the human body, but do not directly influence metabolism and body fat removal. There are some herbal supplements that are over the counter, but most have an amphetamine-based mix of ingredients, no better than having a double expresso with short term appetite suppression.

If you've guessed by now that I'm underwhelmed by the offerings out there, you're correct.

The best thing you could do to speed up body fat removal and keep it off is to weight lift and keep your muscles in great shape. They are the most effective calorie burning engine you have. Cardio needs to be done as well, but weight lifting is key. 2 x week and do it intensely (don't chat on the phone or with the person you're with) and stay with it for 8 weeks and you'll notice a huge difference in your shape and your body fat.

And, clearly, keep your carbs under control, by ditching the junky processed carbs. Stick with veggies, fruits, lean proteins and whole grains. Do this and you'll look like it.

Be patient. All change takes time. But you'll be richly rewarded if you do.

Good Luck. Dr. Peeke

muvicogirl responded:
The best thing for anyone is to eat healthy and exercise...that is the best solution to lose weight.

Janniemart responded:
Capsiplex is the best diet pills that helps you to reduce your weight naturally. It has no side effects.

For more information:
http://www.dietpillscapsiplex.com/

brunosbud replied to Janniemart's response:
Its a WebMD rule that before you can shamelessly advertise any product for personal gain you must have at least two posts.''

You have one...

janniemart, you broke the rule.

joemerchant123 responded:
if you really want to reduce weight than you have to use beelite naturally. it is most effective pills. due to presence of honey it help in losing weight.

For more information: http://www.beelitenaturally-reviews.com/beelite-naturally-results-and-success-stories

Helpful Tips

How to Decrease Your AppetiteExpert
Let's say you've already had a healthy balanced meal so that you're not hungry (hunger is a physical phenomenon and tells the body "I ... More
Was this Helpful?
274 of 339 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.