Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

low caffeine diet
dekan24 posted:
ok i have ventricle tachycardia, i really need to cut caffeine out of my diet. i know about coffee, sodas, tea (how bad is it really to drink-i love me some sun tea), i need to know what other major sources of food type caffiene items i need to avoid. anyone able to help me out. i need to make a list.

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Dekan,

While I can't seem to find a list of caffeine foods to avoid, you might get some more info from the article Caffeine Myths and Facts that may help.

You might also want to ask our Health Expert, Elaine Magee, MPH, RD on our Food & Cooking Community . I've been told that Elaine has a great book series on "What do I eat if I have...".

Speaking of sun tea, here's an article on just that subject! What's Good about Iced Tea (and what you need to watch out for)

Hope that helps!

Tomato05 responded:
Also, all food containing cocoa/chocolate (candy, nuts, biscuits & cereal with chocolate). And energy drinks of course.

Helpful Tips

How to Decrease Your AppetiteExpert
Let's say you've already had a healthy balanced meal so that you're not hungry (hunger is a physical phenomenon and tells the body "I ... More
Was this Helpful?
273 of 338 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.