Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Includes Expert Content
Happy New Year....
Cindigal posted:
I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. I visited my sister in Chgo, which is 3 1/2 hours away. My mom and my other sister from Florida flew there also. We had a great time and my sister made up our rooms so cozy with the way she decorated. I had my own room with a Christmas quilt on the bed with throw pillows and a chair on the corner with stuffed animals on it. Then there was a table with a fiber optic snowman that changed colors and scented flameless candle next to it. The room was filled with a warm cinnamon scent. Her house was gorgeous inside and outside with all the decorations. Besides the anesthetics, the food was aplenty and she did her traditional baking with over 10 kinds of cookies. She had them in dining room in silver trays the whole time we were there. There were traditional melt-in-your-mouth butter cookies, peanut butter kisses, pecan tarts, Christmas wreaths, Cream de Mint fudge, Apricot bars, Almond Crescents; Spice Cookies, Butterscotch cookies, Chocolate mint chips, chocolate chips . Needless to say, like everyone else says with a New Year promises... "I need toget serious and get to down to business". Thank goodness for the workout gym that the apartment complex has.

Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP responded:
Hi Cindigal and thanks for your posting. What a terrific holiday you had. Your description of the coziness and comforts, complete with snowman and quilts brings a smile to my face, and I'm sure everyone else's out there.
I'm really happy you mentioned the variety of cookies. These are marvelous holiday treats that should be savored and thoroughy enjoyed. I would have had a taste of my favorites and relished each one. I'm so glad you mentioned the gym because if you're smart, you do the workout to bank some cal burn to pay for the cals above and beyond your usual. It's budgeting no different than what you do with your paycheck every month. Sounds like you were smart and got in some exercise to neutralize some of the party eats. If you put on a few during the holiday visit, no worries. Just hop back into your saddle of healthy habits upon return. That's the essence of regrouping.
Well done and Happy New Year to you,

Dr Peeke

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
195 of 240 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.