Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Exercise for fat loss
AlanGator posted:
I tried and love that ontargetnutrition.com site but it's made me realize how much more I need to exercise! I hate running (hurts my knees) and I'm stuck inside due to bad weather a lot. Does anyone have experience with indoor aerobic exercise programs? My wife bought me that exercise system for the Wii but I haven't tried it yet. I see lots of adds for machines on TV but there must be a better (and more economical) way to burn calories at home. Thanks in advance!

TahoeTeri responded:
Thanks for the link to ontarget - I signed up. For exercise I wear a pedometer and make sure I walk 5000 steps per day. When it's nasty weather outside I have a treadmill. It's boring but works.

brunosbud responded:
I workout, outdoors, 95% of the time but I have a Schwinn recumbent bike, handy, when weather's bad. 20 minutes on a medium level program will have you perspiring, heavily. Watching a dvd or reading a magazine is easy since you're seated w/ legs, extended.

Recumbents are excellent equipment for those suffering joint pain. I paid $200 for mine, two years ago. Good luck!

Helpful Tips

How to Decrease Your AppetiteExpert
Let's say you've already had a healthy balanced meal so that you're not hungry (hunger is a physical phenomenon and tells the body "I ... More
Was this Helpful?
273 of 338 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.