Skip to content

Announcements

apple skin
nixodian posted:
Is it ok to eat apple skin ? there are suppose to be many bad chemicals on the skin, doesnt this outweigh any benefits.
thanks in advance

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Nixodian,

Welcome to the Diet community and thank for the great question!

I've always thought that the majority of the fruit or vegetable is found in the skin, or at least the closer to the surface the better.

But, since I couldn't find any articles about it when I did my search, I'd encourage you to ask your question on the Food & Cooking community . They might have a better idea and our expert, Elaine Magee is great about that kind of stuff!

Hope you find your answer and please come back and share with us what you find out!
Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. - Irish Proverb

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to Andie_WebMD_Staff's response:
I meant to say the "majority of the nutrients" are found. Duh!

:s
Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. - Irish Proverb

nixodian replied to Andie_WebMD_Staff's response:
lol, had to read a few times, but knew it must of been miswording!

have put the question in forum you suggested

thanks for help

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to nixodian's response:
You're welcome, Nixodian! I hope you get a good answer. Be sure to fill us in if you do! :)

trudyfoody responded:
believe apple skin has a rich fiber content. I think its safe to eat it as long as you wash it in running water so make it clean.

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
204 of 249 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.