Skip to content

Announcements

What Would You Choose: Dream Body or $1million?
Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP posted:
Hi everyone. A recent poll of 1000 people noted that a fourth of them would rather have a dream body for the rest of their lives than accept $1million. A quarter of the women said they'd like to have Jennifer Lopez's or Halle Berry's body, while the guys wanted to look more like Matthew McConaughey. Further, half said they'd rather be their ideal body weight rather than five years younger. Finally, when most people are trying to drop weight, they constantly compare themselves to other people in their lives (family, coworkers, friends).

OK, so what's going on here? What would YOU choose if given the option of having that dream body or grabbing $1million? When you post your response, please tell us all why you chose as you did.

Come one everyone, let's share and learn from one another.

Dr. Peeke

jis4judy responded:
Oh I would take the million as long as it was tax free
I could do a lot with that money . My body I can get in shape myself
My dream body would be disease free too . and that isn;t realistic...
On the other hand a really healthy body for life would accually be great too but I doubt it would be possable to get that from an outside source as you can see I don't want someone elses body just mine healthier

the money is more probable
this is me rambleing LOl
Hugs Judy:)
Sw 247 Cw 153ish remember the gold isn;t in the prize it is in the journey! life may not be the party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance!

Tomato05 responded:
I'll take the money.

Apart from all the pleasurable things I could do with the money, I could also hire a personal trainer (I could even set up a gym at home), nutritionist, sports expert, masseur, etc. who would help me lose weight.

I could even hire someone to do my grocery shopping for me so that I'm not tempted to buy my trigger foods in the shop!

My body doesn't have to be perfect - I just want to reach my goal weight.

newtexan responded:
without much hesitation I would go for the perfect body - the amount of energy, money, angst, programs, plans etc etc that I have done in the interest of getting closer to that perfect body in my life time has probably headed towards that $1M so I then would feel like I have finally gotten what I so dearly pay for on going anyway!what a feeling that would be - and I can only imagine the amount of mental weight and energy that would release for other things in life!

brunosbud responded:
I want a body like Matthew McConaughey's...

then, I could "take my shirt off" whenever I pleased.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to brunosbud's response:
I would go for "perfect body" ONLY IF that meant it was perfectly healthy - no aches and pains, chronic diseases or other ailments! Can I get my perfect eyesight back

Great question!

Haylen

sarah0323 responded:
I'll take the money please!!

I figure if I had the money then I would be able to hire people to help me get to my goal weight. With the money I would be able to fulfil my dream of being a SAHM which isn't possible right now.

mkbelara responded:
I would take the million dollars. First it would get me out of debt. I know that financial stress can play a role in weight gain and can cause additional tension in a marriage, thus more weight. I would then hire a personal trainer to assist me in getting healthy and in getting to the right weight and shape for me.

There is no such thing as a perfect body and it is a shame that people compare themselves to these celebrities.

init4life responded:
I would, almost without hesitation, take my dream body. But I don't want some one else's body. I'd take me at my most fit, best self. After removing 65 lbs, I feel so much better, healthier, and able to enjoy life. Going the rest of the way would improve on all of that, and ensure a better quality of life long term. That includes being healthier, enjoying staying active with my kids, having continued energy. ( oh yea- looking better in clothes!) Money without health isn't much of a bargain in my opinion. At my most fit, it would be easier to have the energy to create financial freedom for myself, and to support my husband with his goals too. Plus, these days, a million dollars would be gone before long. Still, in reality there's no genie giving me a perfect body. It takes a certain amount of focus and consistency, but every day in that place is a reward in itself.

Flowstate responded:
I would take the million and run fast. Only I can give myself the dream body through mind, body and spirit transformations. Otherwise the dream body would be a fake and would not last.

luckychester responded:
I would grab the $1 million. I am 68 years old and still working full time, so the money would enable me to retire.

cathl27 responded:
I would take the 1 million. My body is not bad, even though I could lose about 10 pounds! I am happy with myself - show me the money!

debjam10 responded:
Hi, My name is Debra D Miller. I would choose the million dollars to help me afford to work my way to a dream body. I have tried to do it on my own, but with little to no success. I am considered obese, 56 years old, I have chronic back pain, arthritis in my knees and I am recovering from pain from shingles. I would love to be able to afford to go to a FAT CAMP of some kind. (talk about having your cake and eating it too) Thats my story. Thanks

trencher4 responded:
i'll take the $1,000,000.00 and then i can aford to work on the
dream body.

munchgesang responded:
Show me the Money !!!

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
204 of 249 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.