Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Food and Fitness Planner Problem
Oly1986Wa posted:
Hi There! I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but here it is anyways. I am wondering if anyone can explain why there is a difference ( in my case a pretty big one) between the number of calories reported in the SUMMARY tab of the food and fitness log and the FOOD LOG tab of the food and fitness log. I am showing almost a 1,000 calorie difference here and I believe the summary tab (the one with the blue bar graph) should be an exact reflection of what has been logged into the food log. For example on one day I entered a total of 1324 calories and the bar graph for that day under the summary tab reflects 1084 calories for reasons unknown to me. Please help! It's driving me crazy. Is this an error in the system or am I missing something?

thetammyjo responded:
Wow, they've been having this problem for some time I see.

Makes me feel the program may not be very reliable and this site not responsive or concerned about any of our health.

I have this problem too, usually around 200-300 calories differences, but not every day.

I tried to figure out what was causing it -- dropped entries on the food log that I had to put in again and were counted double? Nope. It happened even on days that I didn't have to do that and other times no difference was shown.

I go by what I put in the food log and try to never go over those calories regardless of what I'm doing that day in terms of burning calories. My goal is modest, only a pound a week, and following this I have lost more than a pound every week since I began.

Without adding in exercise that I hate doing. The slow decline in calories never leaves me feeling hungry but then I'm not quite half way to my goal yet.

They need a "save" button to save after you put in data, right?

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
203 of 248 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.