Skip to content

Announcements

Kidney Stones and a Low Oxalate Diet
Lynn8809 posted:
I am a 26 year old female who a few months ago was put on a low oxalate diet due to reoccuring kidney stones. Since then, I have been doing my best to follow this diet but after searching the internet, i found that information is very limited. And the information out there seems to be very conflicting. I purchased the one and only low oxalate cookbook that seems to be in existance, but it isn't really geared towards people who are on the diet due to kidney stones. I've tried modifying the recipes to fit a more kidney friendly diet, but am becoming burnt out. This diet also says that I am not supposed to eat any beans or nuts and I was told that I'm supposed to limit my meat intake to no more than 3 ounces of meat 3 times a week. Which makes me wonder where I'm supposed to get my protien from? All of this is making me wonder...does anyone even follow this diet? Any thoughts or suggestions would be extremely beneficial.

arizonajeri responded:
Hello Lyn , I know you posted this a year ago, but I am in the same predicament as you. I have recently been told to go on a Low Oxalate Diet because of recurring Kidney Stones. I was wondering if you have found out any other information that has helped you along the way? Since you started doing your low Oxalate diet have you had Kidney Stones again? Wishing you the best, Jeri

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
204 of 249 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.