Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

CEREALS
syeera26 posted:
Hello and thank you so much for your insight about my diet. I really appreciate it. Anyway, since you told me to ditch cereals, I would like to confirm certain things. I am also from an asian country and I am very attached to rice but for now I am going to leave it behind for a moment. The cereals I am taking is the ones I bought from Australia such as Low fat Muesli and Uncle Toby's Women's Essentials. I have checked and these provides good vitamins and minerals for my daily breakfast since it is quite hard for me to eat other things in the morning. Is it okay or should I switch to other cereals?

bobby75703 responded:
My wife is also Asian. ( Philippines) She can't live without Jasmine rice. She weighs just 98 lbs.

That's cool if you want to ditch rice for now, but remember the Japanese traditional diet, and the south Koreans all have rice with almost every meal, and they are some of the thinnest people on earth, or were thinnest before McDonald's made their debut.

Its your choice on the cereals.

Why is it hard for you to eat other things in the morning?

syeera26 replied to bobby75703's response:
Mostly because the type of food I can get around here. Malaysia is quite hard to find healthy choices of food and even if there are any, it would be really expensive. Not to mention, I have always been trained to eat cereals since I was small when I was in school. It made me full and energetic the whole day. I practiced to exercise before breakfast and in the evening. Is it okay to do that?

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 239 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.