ROLL CALL: January 2012 Edition!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
It's a new year and a great time to start a journey of healthy eating and exercise.

Let's check in and see who is asking questions, offering support and providing information here in the WebMD Diet Community this week.

Here are some questions to get us going - I'll start!

Name: Haylen
Health Struggles: Finding time to exercise. Aversion to cooking.
Goals:
Yoga 3x a week and walking 2x a week - not met yet this month!
Favorite TV Show: Cupcake Wars (I know, I know)

Who is next?

Haylen

abnersmom responded:
Hi Haylen,

Name: Debbie
Health struggles: crunchy, salty foods; finding time to exercise; fears of falling back into long held bad eating habits
Goals: continue healthy eating forever, short term goal is to lose 10 lbs. by March 1.
Favorite TV show: The Good Wife
Favorite books: To Kill a Mockingbird and Absalom, Absalom

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi Debbie!

Thanks for chiming in! I've only been to Tennessee once and it was beautiful but probably the coldest place I've ever been!

What kind of exercise do you do? I'm guessing it is indoor at this time of year?

jis4judy responded:
Hi Haylen

location New England Ma,

Health struggles Keeping up with my weight lifting

goals to keep my exercise and Nutrition quest going

favorate TV show thats tough I like so many Criminal Minds maybe is the best I also like the Jay leno show..
Hugs Judy:)
Sw 247 Cw 149ish

remember the gold isn;t in the prize it is in the journey!
life may not be the party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance!

3point14 responded:
Name-
Laura

Location-
MA

Health Struggles-
I like to drink and smoke, neither of which are conducive to weight loss.

I make excuses when I eat badly and don't think before I eat sometimes and wind up binging.

Goals-
Gym four times a week.

Eating well 90% of the time

Keeping up with my food journal.

Favorite TV show-
I don't really watch TV, we don't even have cable! I guess I'd have to say MST3K or Robot Chicken or Intervention, though.

abnersmom replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Haylen,

Only someone from southern Cal would think TN is cold! LOL! we do get cold here - we enjoy all four seasons. Highs were in the 50's today - Judy would probably say that's balmy for this time of year.

I've never been to southern Cal, just San Francisco. Loved it.

My dog and I walk outdoors most days and I have taken up yoga. Yoga is wonderful, but a lot harder than I thought it would be. Thanks for asking.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to 3point14's response:
Laura - It sounds like you've got good goals and methods in place. Love the food journal idea! Smoking is a hard one! If you're ready, the Smoking Cessation Health Center is great. There is a link to the community with an expert as well. I quit 15 years ago - but my only motivation was $$$. A pack went up to two dollars, twenty five cents. My cheapness was stronger than nicotine!

abnersmom - I know I'm a wimp now! But I'm from Oklahoma originally and talk about cold, icy and windy...ugg...so we only visit in the summer when the humidity kills me!

I was surprised at some of the tougher yoga classes too. Plank pushups are my enemy

H

jis4judy replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
hey Haylen
I walk outdoors all year round the only exception is when the path I walk on is icey here in MA we get a lot of different weather ...it is rather nice today we got some snow this morning but the paths were all clear about 28 degres and sunny
Just came in from my walk
Hugs Judy:)
Sw 247 Cw 149ish

remember the gold isn;t in the prize it is in the journey!
life may not be the party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance!