Skip to content

Announcements

Includes Expert Content
raspberry keystone
An_243319 posted:
Saw on the Dr. OZ show the other day to lose weight add raspberry keytone to your healthy diet & exercise plan, a weight lose expert was saying all her clients take this. I was wondering what Dr. Peeke thought about this. I've never heard of Dr. Oz or Bob Greene talk about this when Oprah was trying to lose weight. Anyone out there using this?I heard some people get heartburn while others it gives diarhea. Thanks

jis4judy responded:
I saw that on Dr Oz the other day too I wonder if it works
he sounded sceptical about it . I think it couldn;t hurt to try it maybe costs 12 dollars or somehting like that
Hugs Judy:)
Sw 247 Cw 149ish

remember the gold isn;t in the prize it is in the journey!
life may not be the party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance!

Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP responded:
Hi and thanks so much for your posting. A little Raspberry ketone 101. R ketones give this fruit their aroma and are used in the USA as a flavor. In Japan, they're used as weight loss supplements. It's felt that the R ketones somehow alter lipid metabolism. This is all based on two small mice studies and the R ketones have never been studied in humans. Sure you can eat raspberries instead, but it will take 90 pounds of them to equal the daily dose of the supplements suggested by Oz on the show.

My recommendation is save your money, take a brisk walk and get the same results!

Dr Peeke

djrollem replied to Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP's response:
Dr. Peeke,

Can men try Rasberry Ketones as well. I know its about women's health, but what about men?

Oreo2012 replied to Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP's response:
What if you have health issue that prep vent one from exercise. I have severe spinal issues that the doctors are trying to diagnose, but in the mean time, I have had to quit personal training and all exercise. I eat healthy foods. If you have a suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated!!,

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Oreo2012's response:
Hey Oreo2012,

You've responded to a discussion about a diet product. Why don't you start a new discussion (using the orange "Post Now" button up there ^^^^) and address Dr. Peeke with your question?

That way, others who have similar experiences can weigh in as well...

H

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
204 of 249 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.