Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Roca Labs everyones views/ideas
macgregors posted:
I need opinions.....ROCA LABS...I am currently nearing 380lbs, nearly 100, came on over the last 16 months, after my car accident, because of being inactive....broken pelvic, and many other physically issues, and a umbicial hernia that is needing surgery now, in less than 18 days....I don't say I have a appetite, cause of the pain in my belly from this hernia, but yes I know I am not stupid, wrong foods...I am trying to reform my eating habits, but wonder if this product would help me.....feel fuller, I don't know or my I just completely crazy...What else would make you feel fuller, yes veggies...I know that ...thank you for any responses from one and all, I am open to ideas....also just told that I have major Post Tramatic OA from the accident in my pelvic and hip, and now require a hip replacement, and no weight baring actives, and no walking, only required walking....so feel free to give opinions, I am hearing to listen....I am being told if I don't lose weight in my 2yr window I can't have hip surgery, and I will have to have gastric bypass surgery, so I would rather do it on my own, and another problem, is money, no income since the accident....so what do i do...is there any firm that will help me lose weight, to promote there products or pay me to attempt them, I am desperate....help....
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Diet pills, shakes, suppliments and other "too good to be true" quick fixes are NOT recommended by Dr. Pamela Peeke, our community expert.

Have you looked at the cost of the product you mentioned? It is astronomical and they will not "pay you to lose weight".

I know you can do this on your own - it doesn't cost money to lose weight! Please check with your doctor and get a recommendation for a physical therapist who specializes in non-weight bearing exercise. Is there a community pool or YMCA in your area?

Here is an article that might help: Always Hungry? 5 Foods That Fill You Up

WebMD has a FREE Food & Fitness tracker here that can help you stay on course and become more aware of your food choices: WebMD Personal Food & Fitness Planner

Please keep checking in here for support and ideas!

Haylen

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Also, check out Dr. Peeke's blog here:

Everyday Fitness with Dr. Pamela Peeke

debronj responded:
Hi,

The RL formula did work for me. I lost 35 lbs in about 2 1/2 months. However, I would recommend that you take care of the umbilical hernia and wait until that heals first and receive clearance from your doctor.

Since you can't really do a lot of exercise - have you ever thought of something like water aerobics?

SummerS11 responded:
Hello,
I used to weigh 200lbs and when I start using the RL formula 4 months ago I loss almost 50 lbs and now that I already stopped using the rocalabs I'm still able to maintain my weight. At first it was really hard for me to take the product but my will to lose weight and with the help of rocalabs I made it I'm happy now and confident rocalabs worked for me. But since you have a medical condition its better for you to check with your Doctor. I'm new here I wish you luck and this is just my opinion

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to SummerS11's response:
There is a community dedicated to this product here:

Mini Gastric Bypass No Surgery Diet Group

Click the link to see others chatting -

H

carla08028 replied to debronj's response:
That is great Drbronj. I started using the Roca labs Formula 2 weeks ago...lost 7 pounds so far...hopefully will keep working for me.

zanne456 replied to SummerS11's response:
It is really hard to start getting all those extra weight. Needs a lot of will power. With the help of RL, I was able to start. At first it was like very hard. Miracles don't happen overnight. Now I am happy I started it and still doing it with RL. I may need to order more

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to zanne456's response:
Here is a comment from our expert last month:

2 weeks ago Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP responded: Thanks for your posting. Everyone i hate to sound like a broken record but please quit wasting your money on these products and stick with the tried and true way to drop weight and keep it off. Log onto the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner and get started today.

Also, if you REALLY want to know secrets of folks who've dropped lots of weight and kept it off, why not log onto the most famous study in history the national weight control registry.org and scope out their secrets. Hint: They don't include emptying their wallets for useless products.

Dr Peeke

macgregors replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
I have a physio and massage therapist, and dietitican...i have it all, they fallow me completely, i see all of them 3 times a wk....i have log books, with everything i eat, from coffee/tea/water...i don't drink soda's....I am not to do anything that is weight baring...pools are out cause i am severe allergic to colorine...my skin starts to bleed......i do all upper body, with limited weights, cause of my umbicial hernia, have to be very careful, the littliest thing could rupture it....and after my surgery absolutely nothing....for 3 months....or i risk, alot of issues......my doctor, is for gastric bypass....I am terrified of this idea, i know alot of people that have had it done, and well, the skin that hangs, and the other surgeries to fix this problem scares me....the dietitican is also now recommending liquid diet....cause she has seen first hand, she actually had me in the hospital, for a stay program, with only the foods she required me to for 3 wks, and i lost nothing, she couldn't believe it, there was no cheating cause u stay with a person 24/7 to make sure that you don't sneak food......so i did, another trial with her, of different foods, and well, she doesn't understand, so she seeked out a doc that deals with individuals that are like me...he said it has to do with the body chestry.....and he said that i will only be able to do either gastric or liquid diet....with my phyisical condition is....so i am worried with all these professional people telling 2 ways, or no hip replacement.....so i have to make my mind up....

macgregors replied to debronj's response:
yes i have, but i am allergic to cholorine....and my skin breaks open....because i love water, i live on the water and when summer is around i am in the river all the time...

yes i know, i have been warned to wait tell the hernia heals....it is another 3 months wait.....

so you do recommend the roca, to do find that it does fill u up, and that u don't feel hungry.....what do you eat, with....if you don't mind me asking.

thank you for responding.....

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to macgregors's response:
macgregors,

Again, I strongly urge you to discuss any formula with your doctors before spending a penny.

KellieK66 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
I understand all you professionals are against spending money on weight loss products, but be REAL some of us, most of us need help to control our food intake. Do you suggest we don't try these products first and head to surgery because obviously getting us to count calories, eat the right foods, and exercise is not something we can do. If it was that easy there would be no diet industry and certainly no need for any type of weight loss surgery! Yet we see doctors all the time recomending the dangerous gastric bypass surgery, but so against any food supplement that might help us succeed. It has to worth a try.

Helpful Tips

Fast and easy
I have always found that eating healthy and cutting back on sugary drinks has worked for me. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.