Skip to content

Announcements

breast size and weight
jaimeblondieblue posted:
I am curious if anyone knows how much each bra cup size weighs? I am curious because i would like to know how much of me being overweight is due to my large breasts. Thank you for anyone who can tell me!

Tomato05 responded:
Interesting question!

I have read that the weight of an average medium size breast is between 1/2 and 1 kg (1.1-2.2 pounds). A large breast weighs between 1.7 and 2.2 pounds.

It varies a lot though, depending on the tissue composition (your glandular tissue and fat/adipose tissue).

Barbels54 responded:
I too, had very large breasts. 38DD. For years I had horrible back aches. My periods brought incredible breast tenderness and pain. I finally decided on a breast reduction in 2006. The Dr removed almost 6.5 lbs. I was not a really big person to begin with, so the reduction made a great difference. So, in answer to your question, YES! large breasts can add to your weight. BTW, I am sooooo happy with the breast reduction. It's like there was another person under all those boobs! Also, my insurance covered it because I was so large that they considered it a medical issue.

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
203 of 248 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.