Skip to content

Announcements

Brunosbud....
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your father. I lost a parent last year and it is a difficult and stressful time. My thoughts are with you...

Haylen

brunosbud responded:
Thanks, Haylen. When you've had a glorious run, a good long rest, afterwards, doesn't suck.

After he was laid to rest, we all had a helluva party. That was actually in his will...so, we were just following orders. lol

jis4judy replied to brunosbud's response:
Hi brunosbud
Your Dad must have been a really great guy to have that in his will . my condolences too
party on my friend
Hugs Judy:)
Sw 247 Cw 149ish

remember the gold isn;t in the prize it is in the journey!
life may not be the party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to brunosbud's response:
A party sounds like a great way to celebrate a glorious run...I'm sure he'd be thrilled to hear that his kids are still following his orders

Haylen

brunosbud replied to jis4judy's response:
Thankee, Judy.
My Dad & I played golf on a public course near his home, once, every month until he couldn't walk anymore. He was a lousy golfer, at best. Dangerous would be more accurate, really...

At the 10th tee, he'd hand out home-made PBJ sandwiches (on wheat!; just awful) and a banana to our playing partners for the day. Most would graciously accept and say, "Thank you". But, sometimes, they would laugh nervously and say, "No thanks, I ate just, before..."

My dad would smile and say, "Please, take it. I made it for you. Just save it for later..." And, then he would shake hands.

That was my dad. You don't have to agree. But, a smile and hand shake was required...

For those, here, with such little grace and curse every bad bounce of the ball, I can only wonder how hard life must be. Especially, when all's you have to do is make a pbj sandwich for someone...anyone...and you're problems are solved.

It's that easy...

abnersmom replied to brunosbud's response:
What a lovely tribute to your dad. Sounds like he made his life all her wanted it to be and better for others as well. My condolences, brunosbud, and yet, I'm a little jealous as well;-)

Helpful Tips

Metric for weight loss for busy people
When things get extremly busy and weight loss must occur try writting everything down. I started that a long time ago and got away from it. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.