Brunosbud....
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your father. I lost a parent last year and it is a difficult and stressful time. My thoughts are with you...

Haylen

brunosbud responded:
Thanks, Haylen. When you've had a glorious run, a good long rest, afterwards, doesn't suck.

After he was laid to rest, we all had a helluva party. That was actually in his will...so, we were just following orders. lol

jis4judy replied to brunosbud's response:
Hi brunosbud
Your Dad must have been a really great guy to have that in his will . my condolences too
party on my friend
Hugs Judy:)
Sw 247 Cw 149ish

remember the gold isn;t in the prize it is in the journey!
life may not be the party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to brunosbud's response:
A party sounds like a great way to celebrate a glorious run...I'm sure he'd be thrilled to hear that his kids are still following his orders

Haylen

brunosbud replied to jis4judy's response:
Thankee, Judy.
My Dad & I played golf on a public course near his home, once, every month until he couldn't walk anymore. He was a lousy golfer, at best. Dangerous would be more accurate, really...

At the 10th tee, he'd hand out home-made PBJ sandwiches (on wheat!; just awful) and a banana to our playing partners for the day. Most would graciously accept and say, "Thank you". But, sometimes, they would laugh nervously and say, "No thanks, I ate just, before..."

My dad would smile and say, "Please, take it. I made it for you. Just save it for later..." And, then he would shake hands.

That was my dad. You don't have to agree. But, a smile and hand shake was required...

For those, here, with such little grace and curse every bad bounce of the ball, I can only wonder how hard life must be. Especially, when all's you have to do is make a pbj sandwich for someone...anyone...and you're problems are solved.

It's that easy...

abnersmom replied to brunosbud's response:
What a lovely tribute to your dad. Sounds like he made his life all her wanted it to be and better for others as well. My condolences, brunosbud, and yet, I'm a little jealous as well;-)