Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

A healthy action I took today ______________________
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Let's focus on the positive! What is a healthy action - food, exercise, attitude or anything at all - that you took today?

I walked to the store 3 blocks away instead of driving...Who is next?

Haylen

3point14 responded:
I conquered a devastating craving for crappy food!

I expresssed sincere gratitude to the sibling of one of my high school teachers. Almost cried, which was embarassing, and I'm not a touchy-feely person so the whole exchange was really weird. But I wanted her to know what she meant to me, even if I felt silly.

I exercised on my elliptical first thing this morning!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to 3point14's response:
Hey, that's three things! Thanks for sharing - I hope the rest of your day is fab -

Haylen

jis4judy responded:
Hi Haylen
I went shopping today and bougfht only healthy things
I also took a walk after shopping and changed up my breakfast to something different today instead of my usual blend of cereals and berrys I made a concoction of greek yogurt with smashed up raspberries honey and 1/4 C of post Great grains crunchy pecan cereal It was pretty yummy and is doing great keeping me full a tad longer the the usual
Hugs Judy:)
Sw 247 Cw 149ish

remember the gold isn;t in the prize it is in the journey!
life may not be the party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance!

bobby75703 responded:
I walked for 90 minutes in the sunshine while waiting for a new windshield being installed on my car. Couldn't bear to sit in the waiting area and watch TV.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to bobby75703's response:
Yeah for walking - boo for a new windshield. Did you have a crack in it? We had to replace my husbands...expensive!

bobby75703 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Yep, it was cracked.

kacie13 responded:
I took the kids for a walk last night!

Kacie

limey108 responded:
I just returned from a 45 minute session at the fitness center. I go there three times a week. I'm 87.

hearthugger replied to limey108's response:
wow that is fantastic, I hope at 87 I am doing the same. You are inspiring

robva responded:
That's great. I am 227lbs at 5'10! I need too lose this weight. I have lost 2lbs just in two days. Hopefully by the end of this month, I should be at 215lbs. I want to get down to 190-195 by the summer.

sableq52 responded:
This was yesterday - I walked up the stairs to the fourth floor of my job instead of taking the elevator.

Evidently my legs are in worse shape than I thought!!

kmmcphail responded:
I joined "Weight Watchers at Work" ...a 16 week program!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to kmmcphail's response:
Congrats kmmcphail - What a great perk to have through your employer!

Have you had your first weigh-in yet?

sableq52 - my legs were sore for days after I took the stairs up and down 6 flights helping a friend move (I was too impatient to wait for the elevator) I need to find more stairs in my life, apparently...

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
195 of 240 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.