Skip to content

Announcements

My biggest obstacle to healthy eating is _______________
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Do cravings get to you? Is it time? Maybe you're too tired to cook.

What is the biggest thing that stands in your way when you're facing a healthy/not healthy food choice?

Haylen

jis4judy responded:
My sweet tooth! I have been trying to control it for a long time but it is still there ...
Hugs Judy:)
Sw 247 Cw 149ish

remember the gold isn;t in the prize it is in the journey!
life may not be the party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to jis4judy's response:
I am right there with you on the sweet tooth Judy!

Also, I wait too long to get a snack, then I am starving and reach for anything - that "anything" usually ends up being unhealthy.

Haylen

Foreverinyoureyes2 responded:
My downfall is social events.

I have gotten really good at making good / healthy decisions when I go out for lunch with the girls, or to dinner with my family, but when I go out for 'girl's night' or social events that involve cocktails, I am not a dilligent about my eating.

Thankfully, I am not in a wild party circle of friends, so this only happens about once every 2-3 months, for a birthday celebration or something like that.

juliecc71 responded:
eating when i should. i get so busy and may not have time to eat when my body tells me, then i cave and eat something BAD!

bobby75703 responded:
My biggest obstacle to healthy eating is... unhealthy eating

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Great discussion topic!

For me, it's fatigue due to a health condition.

I'm eating so much healthier nowadays and I've become good at grocery shopping and making healthy choices but it's always a struggle just to prepare healthy meals when I'm so tired. If I can, I will cook on Sundays for the rest of the week but that's not always possible.

I'm getting there though and have lost weight as a result.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Cooking for the rest of the week is a good strategy!

Right now, my biggest obstacle is the Easter Basket grandma just gave the kids - Cadbury Eggs and Malt Balls!

H

totallywiggedout replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Mine happened just now. My hip is really bothering me tonight, lots and lots of pain and a headache to go with it... Just grabbed one of the cinnamon rolls that my boyfriend got from his boss for Easter gift. I debated it, but this , during the painful times is when I cave..... warmed it in the mw for a few seconds, ate just about half with a fork so I didn't just stuff it in my face like I wanted to. Debated eating the other half and called my faithful dogs, lol. Fed em right off my fork so I wouldn't be tempted to eat any more. But there you have it. I guess my most prime exploitation times are when I'm experiencing arthritis pain, for comfort, i guess.
Diet and Exercise go hand in hand----
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Anon_130687 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Totally - I hope your hip is feeling better...

My biggest obstical now is fatigue. I don't want to exercise and comfort food sounds great.

JKhealth responded:
My biggest obstacle to..... eating a healthy amount, I'll say, is sugar. I actually like all fruits, veggies, really all the Super Foods, and I've always eaten enough healthy foods for one healthy-weight person. My downfall has been that I haven't stopped there. I now understand that for me, I have to treat sugar as an addictive substance. I can't have any, zero, zilch. If I stay away from it completely, then I have no problem choosing healthy meals and sticking to appropriate portions. But if I have one sugar cookie, doughnut..... really anything with sugar, then it's like I can't get enough sugar. So I would eat my healthy meal, and then another 600 calories in a "dessert". Maybe I could get away with that when I was younger and more active, but I just can't do it anymore.

I haven't had any sugar for two months now and I don't even miss it (as long as I stay away from it). I threw everything away with any sugar in it, and I'm on track with my weight loss. I plan to stay sugar-free for the rest of my life. I'm sweet enough without it.

Aerin316 responded:
My biggest obstacle is eating more fruits and Veggies as well as making quick "chicken helper" meals. I'm always on the go and hate to spend my few moments cooking, which i end up doing anyway. I still find it really hard to eat the veggies though. I don't like a lot of them... hardly any so I drink a lot of v8 splash which prolly has too much sugar it it. So I make herbal flavored tea and instead of using sugar to sweeten it, I put in some v8 splash pomegranate or acai berry.

totallywiggedout replied to Aerin316's response:
Better choice for your splash, try the Strawberry banana Splash, lite. Saves you some calories, sodium,carbs and sugars and still gives you your fave drink. Just making a few small changes in your daily normal foods can add up.
If you can get away from the boxed meals, all the better. Way too much sodium and carbs(cheap fillers like noodles and crap) You don't get alot of nutrients from those things. Really. It takes about 30 min start to finish to make those, in that time you could make some really good for you Oven crisped chicken fingers with a homemade crispy topping, or just about any fish or shellfish . Even Tuna melts on english muffins would be a better option for a couple nights a week, and they only take 6-7 min to make. Throw a thick tomatoe slice under the tuna then some cheese and you are even getting a veggie.
Diet and Exercise go hand in hand----
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Helpful Tips

Metric for weight loss for busy people
When things get extremly busy and weight loss must occur try writting everything down. I started that a long time ago and got away from it. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.