Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

A brand new month - hello May!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Maybe you didn't do so hot today? But tomorrow, even though it's Tuesday is a time to start over and get healthy.

Welcome to May 2012!

What are your healthy eating and weight loss goals for the month! Let's give encouragement and share frustrations and road blocks here -

Haylen

Tomato05 responded:
Last month my weight loss happened in very tiny increments, e.g. 1/2 lb or 1/4 lb a week. That rate may seem excruciatingly slow to others, but it seems to work for me.

I'm hoping to continue this trend in May - even at 1/4lb a week I will be 2 or 21/2 lbs lighter at the end of this month, which is something to look forward to.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Tomato05's response:
GO TOMATO!

I think you're doing great....thanks for sharing!

Haylen

3point14 responded:
I want to lose 3 lbs by the end of the month.

I want to make it to the gym on average 4X a week...in general I do, but sometimes it's only 3X a week...Not a huge deal, but I really want to get the most for my money as possible.

I want to continue eating the bulk of my calories earlier in the day. This is something that is harder for me because of my schedule and lifestyle, but I really want to be done eating earlier in the day.

JKhealth responded:
Well, I started the first three days of this week VERY BADLY, as I reported in another discussion line. My goal for the rest of May is to get back on track with my diet and exercise that had been working for me in the prior two months. Just DO what I know works, and DON'T let one stumble stop me. I have to forgive myself for stumbling and continue losing weight. So that's my goal for May. Simple, right?

Reading these discussion topics also helps me stay focused. I may not write a lot, but it's very helpful to feel the support of this community on a daily basis. Thank you to all who contribute here.

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
197 of 242 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.