Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

How is your breakfast?
ASICANC posted:
I eat breakfast every morning so I can take my vitamins. I usually have 1 or 2 boiled eggs minus the yoke, dry Fiber One, some kind of fruit and coffee w/skim milk. Sometimes I have one slice of toasted raisin bread with a slice of pineapple on top, boiled egg and coffee.

bobby75703 responded:
Sounds good.

I eat two eggs in the morning, but I consume the yolks which are super high in nutritional value.

I too like coffee and fresh fruit.

But I ditched the refined carbohydrates of cereal and bread. I still eat natural oatmeal, but commercial baked goods are history for me because they make me feel bloated and yucky.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to bobby75703's response:
I try to include eggs now based on a new study just published:

A Morning Meal With Eggs Makes You Feel Full Longer Than Cereal, Study Shows

A new neighbor from Israel introduced me to the Israeli Salad for breakfast - delish! I like the idea of a salad type dish in the morning instead of "bready" stuff.

Haylen

micalhas responded:
Breakfast is getting much importance for very one. It is better way to get energy after wake up from sleep. I eat 2 slice of bread with an egg and a glass of milk. After 10 mints i take fruits for healthy energy.

Sumbuny replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Was that just the idea of salad for breakfast, or a specific recipe'? While I have "come around" to eating breakfast (I actually have to wake up a bit to eat <g>), eggs and oatmeal don't exactly "do it" for me--I have more of a sensory need for more crunch, which is why I go for more of the whole wheat cereal (such as the mini-wheat with a bit of skim milk). Yeah, it may be the same thing every morning, but it is protein and fiber and it *crunches*

I am thinking that salad may be as fulfilling...which is what I typically do for lunch...
Stephanie

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Sumbuny's response:
sumbuny -

The salad she served was a traditional Israeli Salad - tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and parsley dressed with fresh lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper. Everything is chopped very fine. It's delish!

pallzy responded:
I eat an orange and a light multi-grain english muffin every morning.
5'11 SW 275/GW 160/CW 159

niccipr replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen, share the salad recipe please. Sounds great and I love trying new healthy foods.

Tunisian replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
This traditional salad is used in North Africa ( Arab Maghreb) too. It is tradtional in Tunisia but we add sometimes to all this ingredients dry mint it gives so fabulous taste.

waytopgo responded:
Starting EVERY meal with a piece of fruit starts the digestive process going. Follow each meal with a hot drink. Cold stops the process.

waytopgo replied to Tunisian's response:
Start every meal with a piece of fruit to jump start the digestive process.

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 239 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.