Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

No more disire to loose weight
An_246370 posted:
I'm a 58 years old and single. After taking care of my parents I decided to loose weight. But after loosing about 59 pounds I lost my desire to continue. And 9 pounds came up. Now I have been eating a lot of sweet things even when I have diabetes and had to get my both knees change . Things didn't went as well as the first one. Some my refuge is food. Someone has a word for me ? Love,

Carmen

totallywiggedout responded:
Yep, get back on the horse and ride it Carmen!
You took the initiative and lost a whopping 59 pounds girl! Way to go! It was hard wasn't it? But, didn't you feel better? Didn't you look better? Didn't your clothes fit way better? OF COURSE THEY DID! Do you really want all that effort you put into losing those lbs go to waste(or your WAIST)??!!!! I don't think so.
It's easy to gain weight. Literally ANYONE can GAIN weight. But it takes a true WINNER to lose it. Stay on the right team. Be a winner by being a loser. You can do this. Just refocus, and get started again.
Find some new low cal recipes to try, find someone to cook with/walk with/be a support buddy to and get support from.
Throw away everything in your fridge, pantry and cupboards that you KNOW is fattening, salty, or overindulgent and don't buy anymore. You know how to do this. Shop the outside aisle at the grocery store, ONLY buy condiments that are the lowest in fats/sugars/calories/sodium that you can get. Don't be lazy, don't buy frozen preprepared stuff, get in the kitchen and COOK so you are in charge of what goes into your meals and your mouth.
Realize, this is for you. Forever. And you are WORTH IT.
huggs
Kim
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work --- Thomas Edison

Losing weight healthfully isn't going to be easy or fast, but it WILL be worth it

jis4judy responded:
Hi Carmen
I think you are the victim of diet brain you lose weight then go back to old eating habits this will allways produce weight gain .
Make a plan you can live with for life and stick to it make healthy choices instead of sweets and junk foods
You are worth the effort // keep the indulgent things to minimum
Hugs Judy:)
Sw 247 Cw 149ish

remember the gold isn;t in the prize it is in the journey!
life may not be the party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance!

Helpful Tips

How to Decrease Your AppetiteExpert
Let's say you've already had a healthy balanced meal so that you're not hungry (hunger is a physical phenomenon and tells the body "I ... More
Was this Helpful?
273 of 338 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.