Skip to content

Announcements

What are benefits of Gluten-free (or nearly so) for healthy people
jeffsjohnson posted:
A friend needed to go on a gluten-free diet for health reasons & lost lots of weight. Would this kind of diet have the same effect on normal healthy people?

Amy2444 responded:
I'm kind of wondering the same thing. One of my doctors (very vitamin/holistic oriented) told me to drop gluten, dairy and caffeine from my diet. I can handle the caffeine, and have gotten used to almond milk, and most of the time stay gluten free, however recently I've been hearing a lot about how unhealthy it is to be on a gluten free diet if you don't have celiacs. I'm my no means in good shape, but I'm concerned that I'm missing grain-related nutrients. I'm going to try to meet with a nutritionist next week and get her opinion too.

Helpful Tips

MOVE Program
If you are a Military Veteran, check out the VA MOVE program. It involved 6 short meetings with lots of information and discussion. I went ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.