Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Too many daily csrbs
mmm1812 posted:
Thank you you for your food journal tool! I had been working with a nutritionist months ago with food diaries and her own tool to get to the same data.

I am finding after months of successful diet changes and exercise, that I am plateauing. One significant change I've made is to introduce snacks throughout the day, which has enabled me to reduce intake during regular meals. After examining my recent food patterns, I found that I am eating too many carbs, probably due to more frequent fruit, which is more plentiful, in greater variety, and better tasting at this time of year. Is this possible, and if so, what other lower calorie snacks can you recommend I take as alternatives?

anna_bugz responded:
As far as I know, if you stick to low glycemic fruits it shouldn't be a problem. In my non-expert opinion, blueberries are just about the healthiest thing you can eat. Strawberries and cherries are good too, along with apples, pears, and oranges. High glycemic fruits you may want to avoid are bananas, mangos, peaches, apricots, plumbs, etc. You can also snack on vegatables rather than fruit-- celery, pea pods, and cherry tomatoes (well ok that's fruit) come to mind.

Tomato05 responded:
Maybe eat your fruit, just reduce the portions, e.g. have half an apple or whatever fruit, instead of a whole one, and save the other half for your next snack.

And like the previous post said, vegetables are a good low-carb snack, also egg-whites, tuna,skim yogurt or other lean protein.

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
196 of 241 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.