Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Weight Loss woes
khobson posted:
I have been walking 1-2 miles daily for the past 2 months or maybe longer. I have not lost a single pound and can't really tell that my clothes are any loser to indicate inches lost. I am hypothyroid so I know it should be some harder for me, but this is ridiculous. Any suggestions or words of wisdom?

grgram responded:
The problem is probably what you're eating. If you've ever seen an exercise chart that shows the amount of effort and length of time engaging in various exercises, it's very discouraging. It takes a LOT of exercise over a long period of time to burn up any significant amount of calories. Exercise is very good for muscle tone and overall fitness, even mental outlook but poor for reling on for losing weight. Look honestly at what you're eating and write it down. If you stay around 1200/1400 calories/day you will lose weight. Get very honest with yourself. I see some people on these boards who are using various excuses for not exercising and blaming that for not losing weight when they aren't controlling their food. I sound like a broken record but there is no way around controlling our food. There are no words of wisdom. Eat right, and count calories. Even when we eat only the good healthy foods, we need to count calories. Write everything you eat down, it tends to keep us honest if you have to write it down. It's hard but doable. You can do it if you are willing to do what it takes. Keep posting and let us know how you're doing.

Tomato05 replied to grgram's response:
Very good advice grgram, I couldn't agree more.

marknanrog responded:
I agree that it is probably what you eat. It wasn't until I started tracking what I ate that I realized how much food I was used to consuming. Using the tools on this site helped me greatly to make some life changes that are just that - it helped me realize that I can do this for the rest of my life without feeling deprived. I exercise regularly, but I never could have made up for all I was eating in the past.

angelia82 responded:
I also have hythyroidism and wanted to loose weight. About a month ago starting using this site to track what I ate, then about two weeks ago really started trying to exercise. I have lost 5 pounds and have gained some energy. I am also experiementing with a supplement I saw on Dr. Oz called 7-Keto that is supposed to aid in boosting thyroid and metoblism. This should definately be discussed with your doctor as I did with mine, so we can check my thyroid levels in a month to see it's affects. But I thought it definately worth mentioning along with keeping a diet journal. Good luck, but even with hypothroid it's possible to loose weight.

Helpful Tips

The Venus Factor Review
Here Is the Review Of Venus Factor Scam For the Complete Solution of Weight Loss: Get Prevention from Exta fat forever. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.