Skip to content

Announcements

Pushing myself!
wubszy posted:
I had my son 2 years ago. He was a hefty 10lbs at birth and I only weighed 100lbs when I got pregnant. Ever since his birth, I have struggled to shed the last few lbs and I have even gained weight. I'm trying to get myself motivated because I HATE the way my body looks. It's a constant disappointment for me and it bums me out. I want to lose 25 lbs. That would not put me as light as my pre-pregnancy weight, but i would be thin and healthy. It's hard because I get discouraged because I don't see results right away. I know that isn't realistic, but it puts a damper on my efforts and I give up. I'm so impatient lol. I'm hoping that I can just keep it together and get to where I want to be!

deadmanwalking57 responded:
patience is a must.

2 lbs a week loss is doable and manageable.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I know you can do it! And you're not only getting healthy for yourself, you're setting a great example for your son.

So don't give up! It might help to use the WebMD Food & Fitness planner to keep track of your food and exercise. As a mom, I know that bites of the kids food and eating their leftovers can add up!

When my daughter was two, the stroller was my best friend. I made a "date" with her to take a walk after dinner every night. It was a great transition into the bedtime routine and ended my day on a positive note. My husband started walking with us and now it is our daily routine unless it's raining or absolutely too hot/cold.

Try not to focus on the numbers on the scale and reward yourself for your healthy "victories' with a non-food treat. A treat for me (full time working mom with 2 kids) can range from a pedicure to loading a new song onto my ipod.

Please check back in and let us know how you are progressing!

Haylen

justmejust replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
That's a great routine walking the little one in a stroller, and dad joining you. You all are off to a great start at staying a fit family!

I wish I would have done it this way. My first two boys are 12 months apart, so I was pregnant right after my first little sweetie. Perhaps that had something to do with less walking at the time, and less taking care of me time...

Laura

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to justmejust's response:
Hey Laura - I'd say 2 boys so close in age would take almost 100% of your time for sure. My hat is off to you mamma!

How old are your kids now? Do you have a regular fitness routine?

I love that you called your son "little sweetie"

Haylen

Ddembinska responded:
Hello all. I actually haven't shed many pounds, but I am more toned up than before. Mt stomach is flatter and my hips got a little smaller. I got discouraged for a little bit since I wasn't losing a lot of weight, but my body is just getting more muscle, which is fine by me

totallywiggedout replied to Ddembinska's response:
Hey Dd, what you are describing are what we on the 50-100 weightloss comm site call, NSV's . Non Scale Victories are anything OTHER than the number on the scale that show you are making progress on your journey even if those pesky numbers don't budge.
Congrats on your NSV's ! Keep up the good work, your body will respond in wonderful ways.
kim
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work --- Thomas Edison

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
204 of 249 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.