Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

new2webMD
wonderwoman98367 posted:
i'm interested in a high protein low calorie life style, i'm starting tomorrow does anybody have any good plans or diets that would give me help and info to follow? i will be counting calories so let me know if theres any tips to help or diets to recommend. thanks!

Tomato05 responded:
I don't think you need a specific plan or diet. As long as you eat three moderate meals which include a good amount of vegetables and lean protein, and some healthy fat, with a little low-fat dairy and grains you should be OK. You can allow one or two small snacks (like fruit and/or nuts) a day too, as long as the overall calorie intake is within what you have in mind.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi wonderwoman!

I like your profile name! I feel like I have an "invisible plane" sometimes too You'll find some great information in the WebMD High-Protein Diet Slideshow .

I found two articles about the benefits of high protein diets showing greater satisfaction, less hunger, weight loss and improved blood fat levels.

The next key is getting up and moving! What type of exercise are you doing daily? I'm a step counter and try to get in 10,000 steps a day (I have a pedometer). It's not always easy but it is motivating!

Keep checking in here with your progress!

Haylen

p.s. Are you using the WebMD Food & Fitness tracker to keep track of your food choices? It's a free tool and easier for me than looking up calories and writing them down.

wonderwoman98367 replied to Tomato05's response:
thank you! very much yeah i'm on day 3 now keeping a food journal writing everything down and appr. amounts. it's been very good and i am definately staying satisfied. This weekend i'm getting a calorie reference book called CalorieKing. so far so good!

wonderwoman98367 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
hi wonder woman was my girl hood hero so yeah thanks for the support I really took the time to plan out fresh foods,cut and prep. i've been following for 3 days. as my motivation is to lose weight and keep my type 2 diabetes in control. I will check out the food tracker is this the same as a calorie chart? thanks very much for the support

wonderwoman98367 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
love the food and fitness tracker i just did it, very helpful it takes the guessing out and makes this life style choice sooo easy for me!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to wonderwoman98367's response:
Oh great! I'm glad it's working for you - I think planning and prep is 1/2 the battle, ya know?

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Afternoon Sleepiness? Eat Protein, not Sugar, to Stay Awake & Shed LBS!Expert
Hi everyone. Want a royal win win? Next time you start feeling like nodding off in the afternoon grab some healthy protein (Greek yogurt, ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 49 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.