Skip to content

Announcements

I think i'm stuck
shawn200 posted:
hi
i recently lost about 70 pounds my heaviest weight was at 270 and i want to lose another 40 pounds but i think i'm stuck how can i start losing again thank shawn

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi shawn, obviously, if you've already lost 70lbs, you are doing something right. Good for you. At plateau, don't eat less, eat a little more 2-3 days a week.
On those days, add in a very short burst of cardio, like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DfuU3TSsFM
tabata only takes 4 min and revs your metabolism to help get over the speed bumps of plateaus.
Do this for a couple of weeks and I bet you start looking at lower numbers on the scale again.
kim
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work --- Thomas Edison

Losing weight healthfully isn't going to be easy or fast, but it WILL be worth it

The_Llamamama replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Shawn, If you feel you are in a rut and weight loss has slowed down you may have to change something that you are doing. Maybe add an exercise or drink more water. But don't give up you are doing great!!

dapeck responded:
shawn i had a client (i am a trainer) who i had told to eat around 1900 to 2000 calories a day. while he was doing this he lost on average about 1 lb a week for about 6 weeks then he dropped to half that weight loss. he decided on his own to drop his calories to 1500. he was shocked when he gained a lb and told me so. his body reacted in a panic when he dropped so many daily calories. i had him go to 1800 to 1900 calories and he immediately dropped another 1 lb the next week. you can eat too little calories.

tugboatbob responded:
watched dr oz 2 months ago, he suggested using l-arginine it increases the air in your blood stream for more intense workouts, plus it helps other things in males, he says 6000 mg a day, i buy them online 3000 mg size take 2 a day

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.