Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Too much too fast?
An_247660 posted:
I switched from atkins to calorie counting and lost 40 lbs. very quickly. I lowered my calories too much and now I have muscle wasting and at 5'2" weigh 95 lbs. I am now having trouble with a terrible lump feeling in my throat that accompanies weakness and shakiness. It's worse than it sounds and is scaring me. I have been to my doctor but he thinks it's acid reflux. I think maybe it's my body telling me it's starving even though I am increasing calories. It gets worse with stress and with carb cravings. Could this be my body telling me it's starving and if so what can I do to undo the damage?

gypsywoman26 responded:
Hi, something similar happened to me a few years ago. It is your body telling you that it's starving. I increased the calories and used vitamins and supplements. Check to see if you are deficient in anything. Hope this helps. Let me know how you make out. Good luck.
Kathy

Taurino responded:
You may want to have your thyroid checked.

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
195 of 240 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.