Skip to content

Announcements

Includes Expert Content
Complement to Dr. Peek
Jerseymom01 posted:
Dr. Peek, I just wanted to thank you for your posting. I am having my gastric sleeve procedure next month and fortunately my surgeon and the team has done all you have suggested. I am glad I have found this web site.
Dawn we will have to keep each other updated on how we are doing. Good luck. Ann

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Best to you Jerseymom01!

It sounds like you have all the tools for success - what is the date of your procedure so I can send some positive thoughts your way?

Haylen

p.s Do you actually live in Jersey? Because I'm a Los Angeles Kings hockey fan...just sayin'! Ha, ha!

Jerseymom01 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Dr. Peek due to a snag and I am now required to have a cardiac clearance prior to surgery I do not have a definite date. It was the week of Oct 15th. I am hoping that the date will be available still.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Jerseymom01's response:
Please keep us updated...I hope the snag is nothing serious and you can be cleared for October!

Haylen

Jerseymom01 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi, well I do still have a cabin in Jersey where I was raised but now live in Cave Creek, Az where the sun always shine. I have been given the ok for an Oct 16th surgery date for my sleeve proceedure . I am really excited and will definitely be talking to other people who have had the sleeve done.What a wonderful support system you have

Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP responded:
Hi there and thanks so much for your posting. I'm so happy the posting and our community have been helpful to you. We're all about providing not only the science but the humanity relevant to your journey. As one of my patients once said, bariatric surgery is gastric surgery, not brain surgery. That's why you must work at your mind.

My new book, THE HUNGER FIX, just launched on Katie Couric's new show and will provide you with a blueprint to help you with your overeating issues, It outlines the new cutting edge science behind food and addiction, something almost everyone of any size has an issue with in our society. We're surrounded by sugary/fatty/salty food combos that cue us to eat more. You need to build a powerful brain (prefrontal cortex or the brain's CEO) to reclaim your hijacked brain reward system.

You can do this. We are here to support you.

Please let us know how you're doing!

Good luck,

Dr. Peeke

Helpful Tips

How to Decrease Your AppetiteExpert
Let's say you've already had a healthy balanced meal so that you're not hungry (hunger is a physical phenomenon and tells the body "I ... More
Was this Helpful?
274 of 339 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.